20050418

Geeks! Geeks!

Hi. Welcome to the Edmonton Geek Society (although the name might change soon), the combined blog of some Edmonton friends.

Let's introduce you to the players (did we want to do this with full names or what, here?):

I'm Kyle Jago, creator of Biting the Hand that Reads Me. Along with me are Devin R. Bruce (author of Doctor Teeth's Electric Mayhem), Stan Woo (author of WorstNinjaEver, for the sake of brevity), and D!. (Edited. -KJ)

Dev wanted to see me write more, since my blog wasn't really being updated as much as he (or I) would like. He and Stan came up with the idea of this blog, which would focus on our more geeky obsessions.

I was worried that this might kill Biting the Hand, but I'm willing to give it a try.

So, on with my first rant about a particular comic...

7 Comments:

Blogger Diego said...

"Let's introduce you to the players (did we want to do this with full names or what, here?):"

Well, if it was up to me--

"Devin R. Bruce... Stan Woo... Diego Ibarra."

Oh, it wasn't a question.

Between the original post and this response, people, this was our business meeting.

"...who ran the now-dormant Percy Bites Shelley website."

"Now-dormant" my ass. Web-site's been dead for five years. Apparently I've had nothing to do for five years.

Ground rules: We don't plug our own projects. We use our Blogger names. And we review whatever we want, whenever we want.

And that peanut, is constructive criticism.

And now I review.

4/18/2005 11:49 p.m.  
Blogger Jago said...

You see, D!, that's the beauty of pages that aren't set in stone.

You want alter egos? Fine. It's done.

4/19/2005 12:59 a.m.  
Blogger Diego said...

Oh no! Now I'VE given my real name away!

Damn you and your chess game, Jago!

4/19/2005 1:45 a.m.  
Blogger the Worst Ninja Ever said...

So I have to stop reviewing movies on my blog and do it here? But that will fully halve the content on my blog...

*sigh* All right, if I must, I must. I'm going to get this over with right across the bat (and I'm quoting a much-beloved Axler line, here):

I hate you all. Don't touch me.

(Somehow, I gewt the feeling that I'll be reviewing stuff only I've seen, and the rest of y'all will be reviewing and discussing among yourselves. But that's okay, cuz I'm a ninja, yo! Whoooooooooo!

4/21/2005 11:30 p.m.  
Blogger Jago said...

" So I have to stop reviewing movies on my blog and do it here? But that will fully halve the content on my blog..."

If it's any consolation, you can start reviewing just the geeky movies.

No, that would fully halve the content on your blog...

4/22/2005 11:28 a.m.  
Blogger Axler said...

Can I be a geek too?

4/22/2005 5:03 p.m.  
Blogger Diego said...

You'll get in the same way we did, Axler--biting the head off a chicken.

And I really mean "biting", "head" and "chicken". I will not let you think you can just blow us and that's that.

Or maybe you can try.

If we like it, that is.

4/22/2005 6:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home